Columbia Irrigation District (CID) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of District Manager. Manager will report to a five member Board of Directors. Person will be responsible for independently implementing policies and objectives established by the Board. Manager will have overall management responsibility for all aspects of CID operations: i.e., management of field and office staff; management of CID infrastructure; long-term planning; project management for repair, maintenance and new construction projects; management of engineering service and construction contracts; customer relations; implementation of regulatory or oversight agency requirements; management of district finances; budget development; implement safety requirements; assure compliance with public works requirements and applicable regulations; oversight of procurement activities; and assure that routine facility and equipment maintenance activities are conducted. CID is seeking qualified candidates with the following experience and capabilities:
- Must have considerable knowledge and experience related to management principles at the local government level, experience with public budgeting, finance and personnel management requirements.
- Must have project management experience with ability to effectively manage project scopes, schedules and budgets associated with complex engineering and construction projects.
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal skills and be capable of maintaining cooperative and productive working relationships with CID Board of Directors, staff, patrons, municipalities, utilities, oversight agencies, and other business and industry contacts.
- Must be capable of analyzing complex problems, conducting necessary research, and use sound judgment in making decisions about difficult program, budget and administrative issues.
- Must be experienced with policy formation, program planning and implementation, and strategic planning development.
- Must be experienced with irrigation water delivery systems and operation requirements and be familiar with applicable regulations. Other related public works experience may be applicable to this position.
- Must be knowledgeable about RCW Title 87 Irrigation Laws.
- A minimum of five years related experience in a management role is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field with supplemental engineering or public works training is strongly desired.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to express their interest in applying for this position by submitting a resume and cover letter, including professional references to: Columbia Irrigation District, 10 E Kennewick Avenue, Kennewick, WA 99336. Submissions may also be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary range is $80,000.00 to $90,000.00 annually, depending on qualifications. Closing Date is March 7, 2018.