Columbia Irrigation District
General Statement of Duties
Performs operational and maintenance duties of the District’s Irrigation system. Courteously and tactfully interacts with the public in occasionally stressful situations with angry or hostile customers.
Desired Qualifications for Employment
- Formal training in irrigation, construction, pest control, electrical or controls, CDL, welding, equipment operation and maintenance principles.
- Knowledge of the practices, methods and materials used in equipment, operations of such various installations.
- Perform strenuous physical work, often outside, for extended periods of time under unfavorable conditions.
- Understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees.
- Ensure courteous and tactful interactions with the public in various circumstances.
- Acquire applicable certificates or licenses as required by the position.
- Consistently lift 80 lbs. if necessary.
- Ride in or drive a pickup truck or on equipment eight hours over rough roads stopping and getting in and out frequently as necessary.
Experience and Training
- Minimum of five years’ experience or training which would demonstrate the ability to perform the work.
- High school diploma or GED.
All qualified applicants must pass a physical/drug exam prior to employment as required by the District.