President Shawver called the meeting to order at 9:00 a.m. Present at the meeting were:

Vincent Shawver, President Gary Weatherly, J.U.B. Engineers
Neil Martin, Vice President Curt Strifert, Secretary/Manager
Dallas Ayde, Director Lila Freshment, Recorder
Sherri Thackham, Director  
Marilyn Dickenson, Director  


Director Martin motioned to approve the agenda as submitted. Director Thackham seconded the motion. Motion carried. 



Department of Natural Resources Update
The Department of Natural Resources (DNR) has agreed to sell five acres to the District upon an agreement on the price. Mr. Strifert will notify DNR to proceed with the appraisal from Value Logic in Spokane. Value Logic estimated the appraisal to cost between $5000.00 and $10,000.00 but should be closer to the lower end if DNR does not ask for more research.

Review of Upcoming Grants
Mr. Strifert reviewed available grant opportunities. The Bureau of Reclamation is offering a grant, with federal funding up to $200,000.00, for the development of a Drought Contingency Plan. Having a plan in place can increase our chances of being awarded future grants. Mr. Weatherly will provide an estimate for the cost of preparing a plan at the March 18th meeting. The application is due by mid-April. There are also WaterSMART grants available for federal funding up to $75,000.00. Mr. Strifert stated he would like to focus our attention installing more automated gates. The application is due by the end of April.

New Rate Schedule
The Board reviewed and discussed the latest rate schedule draft. The Board discussed the cost for implementing the changes and directed staff to contact the company that manages our assessment program for an estimated timeline and cost to implement the changes.

Director Discussion
Director Thackham asked about ditchriders taking their vehicle homes. Mr. Strifert explained this was only during COVID and now the only employees authorized to take their vehicles home are maintenance and on-call employees for emergencies. Director Dickenson suggested the District change our method on how we are providing information to our Patrons. The Board discussed different options and decided an outgoing newsletter may be an option. 

President Shawver adjourned the meeting at 11:15 a.m.